Monday, February 11, 2013

New Blog

Hello, you all. This is my new blog and i'm doing this for my english class. I'm going to write here about my studies in study programme in Horticulture. So, i'm becoming a gardener, and graduating in spring of 2014.

When people think of gardeners, they usually think that we're moving the lawn and planting rosebushes, i guess, but what i do is grow vegetables, fruits and berries (or flowers) in greenhouses and in the fields, so i could say i'm becoming more like a farmer. That word gives you a better picture of what i'm doing, i think.

On wednesday and thursday, i have interviews for work practice places, in Orimattila and Vantaa. My work practice starts in April and lasts five months. I've also applied in other places, but i haven't heard from them, so i should probably call them, i case they have forgotten me.

In these past few weeks we've made planting plans for peppers and for open land vegetables and we started this english course and woodwork classes last week. I'm looking forward to making a small shelf and a mushroom bench (stool?), but those nailguns are scary.

(This is not my picture, it's from http://www.taitomaa.fi/k%C3%A4sity%C3%B6t/K%C3%A4rp%C3%A4ssienijakkara/7860 ,but that's what it's going to look like.)


I'm going to put here a lot of pictures that i've taken in school, but if i post others photos, i'll try to remember to put whose is it, or a link to the original page.

'Till next time,
Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment