Monday, February 18, 2013

"A picture heavy post"

I don't get to make that mushroom stool, because the teacher said that it's too much work. So, i started (and almost finished) making a small shelf.

---

Here's some photos (that i have taken myself) of flowers, from last year. I don't even remember all of their names, let alone their scientific names. We haven't dealt with flowers that much lately, just with poinsettias and hyacinths, but these sure are pretty. (I'll try to look them up and find their names.)


Now, that's a white lily, i'm sure of it.

Poinsettias. The lighting is on, that's why it's all yellow-looking.

And here are some summerflowers from last May.

Fuchsia. (Fuchsia triphylla)

The herbs from the previous "open house" -day, in May 2012.


Sunflowers can be used as fallow plants in Finland, but it's kind of useless to grow them for oil or seeds, there's not enough of processing business going on here. Or, so i've heard.

 A Swallowtail?

Here's the corn from the schools samplefield. 

And here are some members of the cabbage family.

Schools sample field. I don't know how else to call it.

Peppers. Capsicums. These are the cone-shaped ones, and i'm not sure what is it's full name. I'll try to look for it.
...
There are some many different kinds of peppers, that i just can't find the exact one.

---

I'll probably post some photos next time as well, but i'll try to write something about every picture. 
I don't really know what else to write. Perhaps sometime later i will write about the planting plans we've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment